Suncoast Credit Union
Student Run Branch
What is a Student Run Branch (SRB)?
The Suncoast Credit Union Student Run Branch program is a financial education partnership between Suncoast Credit Union and local schools. Branches operate once a week and encourage savings by collecting deposits. Participation in the Student Run Branch program gives students the opportunity to learn money management skills as they make account transactions at school, often coupled with additional financial education.
- Educates students on the importance of saving.
- Provides students and school staff with access to financial services.
- Develops relationships with students, school staff, parents and the community.
- Creates an educational environment for students to receive hands-on experience in a financial setting.
- Increases the knowledge of money management and financial products and services.
- Provides a supplement to current math, computer and social skills through experiences learned while working as a volunteer in the school branch.
Who Is Eligible to Join Suncoast?
Anyone who lives, works, worships or attends school in a county served by Suncoast Credit Union can join the credit union to access accounts and services. To find a complete list of counties served, visit suncoastcreditunion.com.
There’s no minimum age to join, and the credit union will match your first $5 required to open your student account, when opened at the Student Run Branch! Students can also take advantage of savings incentive programs, the Smart Savers program, in-school financial literacy programs, special promotions and more!
Interested in becoming a member?
Bring a copy of a guardian’s id, a copy of your birth certificate or social security card, $5, and a filled out membership to your Student Run Branch.
Tanglewood Elementary Suncoast Credit Union Brach Information
Hours and Days of Operation:
For questions, please contact 239-936-0891